Friday 15 February 2013

My Birthday

As you probably guessed from my last photo it was my birthday last week!
I was very, very spoilt by Mr T, this is what was inside the big pretty box...


Big excited squeal from me!!


This is my favourite bit - speed control! My old machine had a very temperamental foot pedal, either painfully slow or so fast I couldn't keep up, with nothing in between! And how cute are the little tortoise and hare?!!!

So an awful lot of my spare time has been spent getting to know my new sewing machine. I haven't named her yet (she is definitely a she!) but I feel that she really should have a name. Any ideas?

So now I have mastered the basics on my new toy I have been doing some 'proper' sewing. I have quilted 2 more blocks for my sampler quilt.



Lots still to do, such a shame I will have to spend lots more time sewing!

Will share a few more birthday presents next time!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely present - and you're right that tortoise and hare is a fab touch. Just been mooching around your blog - what a creative person you are! Nice to meet you x Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by at Henry's Shed. I'd love it if you would like to comment, it's good to chat :-) x x